Puyallup Locksmith WA in Puyallup, Washington - Tips to Hire a Good Locksmith
Not everyone who claims to be a locksmith is actually trained and certified to do that job. Don’t be fooled! Before your hire any locksmith, make sure you do your due diligence and do all you can to make sure that you will receive good service. It would be really sad to know that after hiring and paying someone to do a professional job, you end up with substandard work that you have to pay to get redone.
If you live in Puyallup, Washington, we know the perfect place for you to go. Puyallup Locksmith WA in Puyallup, Washington has trained, certified and experienced locksmiths that you can rely on.
If you are wondering what makes a locksmith a good locksmith, here are some things to look for.
- Previous customers recommend their services
One of the best ways to decipher good locksmiths from bad ones is through recommendations from previous customers. Many persons will be honest and share experiences that they have had with the locksmith company. If you find that a lot of persons have good things to say about the them, it is highly likely that you will be satisfied when you hire their services. Beware of overly positive reviews however, as some companies might hire people to write fake reviews about their services if you check for online reviews.
- You can get an estimate before you hire them
Do not allow any locksmith to start working before you get an estimate for the services they will provide. That is a recipe for disaster. Reputable locksmith companies will be able to give you an estimate before they render any service. Don’t forget to ask about additional or hidden fees so you will have a better idea of how much it will cost for the entire job. If you received a price estimate over the phone, when the locksmith gets to your location, ask them to confirm the price since they can now see the situation in front of them.
- Pay attention to the greeting when you call their business phone
If you are calling a locksmith company, you should be greeted with the name of the company. If that doesn’t happen, you should confirm that you have called the correct place. If they hesitate to tell you the name of the business or they are not willing to do so, it is better that you seek locksmith services elsewhere. Don’t let it escalate to the point where you get scammed.
- Enquire about licensing and insurance
Good locksmiths will ensure that they are certified and insured so they can protect their customers. Without certification, you may not know if it is a rookie working on your locks or not. In the event that something goes wrong, you may not be able to receive compensation either. When the locksmith company sends someone to your property, make sure that you check their ID to confirm that the person is who they say they are. You can also look out for things like a company logo on their clothing and vehicle.
- A well written invoice
After providing you with service, you should get a written invoice for the work that was done. This invoice should be kept for your records. Check the invoice to make sure that it outlines every service that was delivered and the cost is broken down so you can see how much was charged for each portion of the job. Some locksmith companies may even offer warranty on their service just in case something goes wrong. That is a great aspect of service to look out for.
Although these are the most important things to look for in a locksmith, there are other qualities that you should pay attention to.
- The locksmith should be on time for appointments.
- Be available 24/7 for emergency requests
- Offer a wide variety of locksmith services
- Have affordable rates
- The locksmith should ask for your ID before starting the job
How to Avoid Locksmith Scams
Now that you know what to look for in a locksmith, here are some things that you should avoid.
- Beware of locksmiths that provide a low estimate for their service and suddenly increase the price after the work is completed. Some of these locksmiths may even pad the bill by including mileage charges. If you hire a locksmith that does this, it is time to find a new locksmith.
- Try to avoid locksmiths that tell you that they cannot open your lock. Some of these locksmiths just want to get rid of your lock and replace it with an expensive lock that they supply. Clearly, they just want to make some money.
- If your locksmith company is local, you shouldn’t have to call a local number that gets redirected to a call center. True local locksmith companies have all their operations based in the city that they service primarily.
- If your locksmith claims that they have certification or a license, but they are unable to show you because of some random made-up reason, that is a big red flag. If they haven’t started the work, make sure that they produce these credentials before they begin. Some locksmiths will claim that they have certification when it is not true.
Do not hire any random locksmith to provide you with locksmith services, especially if it is not an emergency and you are able to wait a bit. Locksmiths provide a very essential service. They take care of the locks and bolts that are there to protect you. Don’t leave your security in the hands of a rookie.There are reputable and experienced locksmiths out there that can provide the assistance you need. You can find some of these locksmiths at Puyallup Locksmith WA in Puyallup, Washington. No matter what kind of lock problem you encounter, our locksmiths will do their best to handle it for you. If you don’t live in Puyallup, do some research and make sure you find a reputable locksmith company in your area.